How do I apply?
After completing the application below, it will be reviewed by the Board of Directors. The Board may require additional information from you to make their final decision and notify you accordingly.
What are the rules to qualify for assistance from NJ4NJ?
1) must be a NJ Resident who qualifies as a small business owner
2) must employ primarily residents of New Jersey
3) must demonstrate business profitability for a minimum of 12 months prior to Feb 28, 2020 (just prior to COVID19 pandemic outbreak)
4) must demonstrate proof of a drop of 30% or more in revenues since Feb 28, 2020 (just prior to COVID19 pandemic outbreak)
5) must demonstrate good faith efforts to pay employees during COVID19 pandemic
6) must demonstrate exhaustion of all reasonable avenues to remain in business during COVID19 pandemic
7) business owner must provide current immigration status and proof of NJ residency
8) business owner must provide an explanation why their business is worth supporting as compared to others under consideration
- extra consideration will be provided if employees are single parents or college students currently taking on considerable student loans
- the donation will be structured as a bridge loan that would be forgiven if the recipient satisfies certain forthcoming criteria. This would ensure that the contributions flow from the owner to the employees and will not be used for personal use
- you may enter once per month, until such time as economic hardships created by the COVID19 pandemic are considered reasonably over
- NJ4NJ does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities, funding decisions or operations